I try not to make new year resolutions, because I know life will take over and I won't do it.
So, this year I decided what I am going to do to make life better.
1. Get Derek to outpatient.
2. Find my dream job.
3. Remember to live, love and laugh every day, even when the day feels overwhelming and like it is going down the toilet fast.
4. Remember who are the most important people in my life.
5. Not let others bring me down. I am only responsible for my own reactions, actions and feelings.
6. Pray more.
7. Remember that when I don't feel it, fake it. I mean this particularly for strength and courage.
8. Get my book finished. Even if it is never published, I want to finish it for me. I've been working on a story for several years now. It's time.
So far, I'm still on track to keep them. Derek is getting better all the time. Slowly but surely! His arm is healing steadily after the surgery. The movement in his fingers is slowly increasing as each day dawns. He will beat those odds.
Quiet weekend as Derek continues to heal. His brother will be here next weekend, so it will be anything BUT quiet. We are going to enjoy the peace and quiet of this weekend, even though sometimes we go a little stir crazy. It is NOT fun to sit in the hospital room all day, every day, but Krystina and I are committed to Derek's recovery and will be there as long as it takes. Hopefully, we will have Derek's van down here next weekend so we can get out of the hospital without worrying about calling a cab!
And we finally have internet on the 4th floor! I mentioned it to everyone who came in, and we finally have it! I don't know if my bitching had anything to do with getting it, and I don't care. We've got it now. At least I can get more done during the day instead of the limited hour or two I have at night. Phone calls are still a problem, though. We spend a couple of hours in the Matc where there is no cell service, and the constant stream of visitors, doctors, medical teams, army support staff, etc. keeps that revolving door busy and makes it impossible to make a phone call! I have been on the phone a couple of times and had to hang up abruptly because of another interruption, so I give up. Texting and email will have to do for now.
Thank you all for the continuing support! If you have not already done so, come join us at www.facebook.com/teamderekmccconnell. We would love to have you!
Climb to glory!